Today it is my pleasure to introduce another writer that I have as I have traveled the often lonely author roads. Without further ado and / or waffle from me…
Allow me to introduce Mr. Solitaire Parke.
As a horror writer, I simply must ask….
- What is your favorite scary movie.
Village of the Damned
2. If you could be any character in fiction, whom would you be?
Now for something completely different.
3. What is your favorite word?
4. What is your favorite color
When I was younger I got kicked out of my English class for using this classic excuse. The only thing was for me it was true.
5. Has the dog ever eaten your manuscript?
No, but my cat wrote pages fifty-two through fifty-five of The Emerald Dragon.
6. What do you consider your biggest failure?
Losing the copyright to a song I wrote when I was fifteen. It went on to become a hit.
7. Do you laugh at your own jokes?
Yeah, sometimes I even do that snort thing at the end.
8. What did you want to be when you were growing up?
9. How do you react to a bad review of one of your books?
Cuss under my breath in Hebrew, and then work harder. I try not to let it get to me, sometimes successful…sometimes not.
Let’s change it up a little bit for the next question
10. What’s your favorite fruit?
11. What’s the most blatant lie you’ve ever told?
I told a woman once that I was five foot eight on the outside, but was seven-foot four on the inside and it made for tight skin and a bad disposition. She believed me.
12. What is the biggest sacrifice you have made for your writing?
My income. I quit my job to do this full-time.
13. What inspired you to write your first book?
My mom died on the operating table and was gone for four minutes. She told me about being out of body when she came back. It spawned the book “Beyond the Astral Planes.”
14. You have written novels across a very wide range of genres. Do you think that is an option more readily available to an indie writer than someone who has followed the more traditional route?
I’m too much of a rogue to conform to one thing because a company tells me to. I think all of us should write what we feel.
15. If you had to pick just one genre to write in, what one would it be and why?
It would probably be Fantasy because it’s just too much fun not to.
16. What books have most influenced your life most?
Edgar Rice Burroughs – A Princess of Mars, and Bram Stoker’s Dracula
17. Was there ever a time in your life when you were truly scared?
Once many years ago, my wife almost died due to illness. We were both eighteen and I was pretty scared.
was born in Bakersfield, California in 1952. He has been avidly reading books of all kinds, but especially Science Fiction books, since he was twelve years old. It was the author, Edgar Rice Burroughs, whose style of writing evoked a passion for the written word and became his inspiration. Throughout his life he has acquired a degree in Music Theory, a Masters in Photography and spent a decade and a half in Graphic and Web Design. He is currently pursuing his dream of being a full-time Author. His books range from Horror/Thriller to Science Fiction as well as Metaphysical and Poetry. He resides in Arizona with his family and is the proud owner of Tairobi…his Manx cat. He has been a huge help in the writing process!
Vengeance of the Wolf…
is a harrowing story of a man exacting revenge on those he has deemed responsible for the loss of his beloved wolf puppy, killed many years before at a Presidential parade. A fragile young boy was at that moment forever changed, and the maniacal vendetta of a psychotic killer was created. What follows is a killing spree so brilliantly carried out, that it seems nearly unstoppable. Detective, John Yardley, and FBI Agent, Frank Williams, are on a quest to stop this manipulative, unknown mass murderer, whose targets seem to be specific politicians, in a bizarre and insane killing spree…one that draws them into a world of dreams and nightmares beyond their wildest imaginations. Awaiting them are unbelievable terrors, chilling twists and turns and a scope of destruction that they would never have believed possible!
(An extract of Vengeance of the Wolf will be posted later today.)